99 Ways 2016 Rocked It
It moves dreams out of future tense and into present reality.
So when I read this post on 99 Reasons Why 2016 Was a Good Year, I was inspired to revel in those good vibes even more by making my own list.
Recalling the ways this year has delighted and satisfied us is also a great setup for launching a new year.
Just reading this post will likely give you a vibration boost, too, but I’d recommend creating your own list of things you’re celebrating about your 2016. 🙂
So with that, here’s my list of 99 ways 2016 showed me the love. I’d love to read yours, too!
I Said Yes to My Dream Home
- The dogs and cats and I moved closer to nature! That was one of my “someday” dreams that conspired to show up sooner rather than later. We love it here!
- I have my own place again! While live-in lovers are nice and splitting the rent is an added bonus, I thrive in my own space.
- This place is triple the square footage and nearly 20 times the yard space the dogs grew up in. It’s a lot of what I imagined heaven would be for dogs.
- We share space with wildlife, including foxes, deer and moose!
- The neighbors have horses! Beautiful, playful horses!
- Night actually feels like night – it gets dark here and super quiet. No sirens, no city noise, no light pollution.
- The stars are amazing! It’s so stunningly gorgeous that even a trip to the garbage can at night takes a few minute because of the awesome stargazing!
- It sort of feels like the moon is my new best friend. We have such a different relationship out here in the boonies! I understand better how ancient cultures came to revere the stars and sun and moon. I’m doing it, too!
- We can go on off leash walks right from our back door. The neighboring properties aren’t developed, so we have even more free space to wander at our leisure.
- There is an array of diverse hiking trails nearby. We’re still exploring!
- Every window in the house offers jaw-dropping mountain views. Even washing hands at the sink offers a chance to revel in the beautiful landscape.
- My office feels like the office of a very wealthy person. Imagine what that’s doing for my vibration!
- There’s a stream of water here the dogs love taking an afternoon dip in. Fortunately, I like the smell of wet dogs. 🙂
- The new master bedroom has tons of room for three dog beds, two cat scratch towers, and two big chairs for kitties to lounge on. This room alone feels like paradise!
- I manifested the nicest and the coolest neighbors on the planet. They’re amazing!
- Hello, I harvested vegetables from the garden. I learned how to cook squash! And LOVED it!!
- I pulled up t-posts out of the ground with my bare hands using nothing but brute strength. I feel like I can do anything after doing that!
- I am shoveling so much snow out here that I stopped using exercise equipment in the house. I am getting super fit without really trying.
- I got a farmer’s tan. From working on the property. I cannot tell you how much I love my life!!
I Loved Up On the Animals
- We fostered many kittens and several adult cats this year. I say “we” because it takes a village, where the dogs and other cats help teach newcomers the ropes, and friends and family are called in to help socialize the new crew. It’s still one of my greatest joys in life to volunteer as an animal foster mom.
- Two of our foster kittens from the year prior were returned when their adoptive mom got engaged, and are with us again now. (Her loss, our gain!) Xena Princess Warrior and Fairy Kitty Lexie have grown into such beautiful and entertaining cats!
- I helped transport a handful of dogs to their new homes across the country. It’s a fun way to make new friends – human and canine!
- The neighbors at my last place got brand new baby goats in the spring! Such a treat to watch them play and grow up!
- In fact, on two different occasions I got to climb the fence for a goat rescue when someone’s head got stuck in the fence. I’d been dreaming about climbing over for a closer hello for quite some time when Universe delivered compelling reasons to do so!
- We’re reveling in bonus time with Joe, after the vet said to expect just 6 more months. (18 and counting!) Luckily, we know how to defy expectations. Here’s to more quality time together!
- Many of the dogs in our new hood roam freely, so we get spontaneous play dates and dinner dates throughout the week. These dogs are a hoot – super friendly and fun – I’ve never met such happy and personable dogs!
- We had a moose in our backyard just the other day. It was exciting and exhilarating and amazing! I am officially not a city girl any more!
- Sadie got sprayed by a skunk our second week here, and it felt like the perfect way to give up our urban roots and embrace country life. Everyone survived.
- Feeding new birds here that I’ve never seen before. Still learning who they are!
- It’s not unusual to see bald eagles on my commute to town. Bald eagles, I tell you! This place is even better than I dreamed. 🙂
I Loved More People In More Ways
- Allowed a key relationship that had become a toleration to transform itself. It had been asking for that for a while, but I ignored it because of my resistance to change. I learned that change is good and resistance is futile. And now have a new appreciation for my latest ex-beau. I should have known this would of course have a happy ending, since that’s how everything seems to turn out.
- My mom showed up in so many ways to love and support me through the changes the year brought. She helped me turn a new house into a home and was the #1 reason I never felt alone or overwhelmed through the major transitions of the year.
- Who knew how much I’d be relying on dad’s help this year, too! Whenever it looked like there was a problem in the works, dad stepped in to solve it. In fact, he resolved issues before they became issues. Every time I thought I couldn’t ask any more, he showed up to remind me help is always here and love never runs out.
- My aunts. Well, now I’m starting to well up as I think about all the ways extended family showed me the love. With advice and encouragement, actual moving and cleaning, and getting settled into a new place and making it my own. Ok, I’m trying not to cry, so moving on …
- I know I mentioned new neighbors already, but they deserve to be on this section of the list, too. I’d heard about how friendly country people were, but I honestly had no idea it could be this good!
- Speaking of love, I started dating again. woo hoo! I am a girl who thrives when single and I am making the absolute most of this time of life. Men are amazing! I could make a list of 99 things I love about dating! But I’ll spare you my raves and just say I am having the time of my life.
- I even love my post office people, my grocery store people, my UPS guy, my real estate agent. It feels like I fell into the love vortex!
- I went through master gardener training and hung out with fellow gardeners! So much appreciation for meeting MY PEOPLE! I love gardeners. And I love our instructors. They were the highlight of my year!
- Stone people. Have you heard of them? I always knew there was something special about crystals, but this year I learned that they’re also known as The Stone People and I made some new stone friends. 🙂
- I met fab new folks at the local animal rescue group I’ll be working with next kitten season. I do love gardeners, but animal people are my lifelong peeps. We get each other.
- But there is nowhere I feel more love and appreciation than when I hang with fellow creators, because we are not a dime a dozen. (Yet. One day we will be!) For now, though, connecting with conscious creators on GVU calls and in the forums is a treasured experience and where I feel most myself. I love you guys!
- I need a separate entry to celebrate the wonderful clients I worked with this year. You know who you are. THANK YOU for being the best parts of my life!
I Loved My Body Even More
- Through the process of moving I reminded myself how physically strong I am. Way to feel capable and empowered!
- I had energy I didn’t know existed! Physical endurance was mine! Plus I had a new spring in my step I hadn’t felt in some time.
- Sleeping solidly through the nights again. 🙂
- Adrenal fatigue symptoms abated. I feel good in my body again!
- I have some suspicions about how this happened (I got happy!) … but whatever the cause, I dropped a couple sizes. When I wasn’t even trying to. Funny how that works, huh? I wear a belt on size 6 jeans. It’s ridiculous. (I had fourteens in my closet at one point.)
- I finally like my hair. That hasn’t been a toleration for so much of my life, that I can’t tell you how nice it is to actually appreciate it.
- In addition to yoga as a way of loving up on my body, I found the 5 Tibetan rites. Very cool!
- This isn’t completely new, I had learned this trick a while ago, but I’m better at it now than ever (practice makes perfect): I love how I look in the mirror. 🙂
- Treated myself to some new clothes, which is yet another way to enjoy this beautiful body.
- I’m listening to her better than ever – when she says yay or nay, I honor it without question. Well, almost. Getting better at it every day!
- Learned how to take even more joy from food and drink – truly one of life’s daily pleasures this year.
- We (my body and I) also relished in the joys of nothing this year. We learned how to do nothing like it was something. We lounge, we loiter, we linger, we pause, we revel. It’s not go-go-go until we drop. We nap, we stretch out, we get wrinkly fingers in the tub … we enjoy for no reason at all.
Business Got Even Better
- This celebration list is taking forever to write, so I’ll speed things up: fab new clients
- fab long term and returning clients. I just can’t say enough how much I love the people I work with!
- super cool colleagues (The Coaches League is one of my favorite parties of the year!)
- launched a new podcast
- clients are rocking it (their successes deserve to be compiled in a book!)
- interviews with cool new people
- less work
- fab money
- GVU went mobile
- this blog gets more traffic and more raves than ever
- you readers are as generous and wise as ever! your comments are still the best part of this blog!
I Loved Myself and Life Even More
- broke a few rules
- found my courage
- honored my heart
- my ’66 Caprice got a makeover
- watched great stories
- read fabulous books
- learned from amazing teachers
- got inspired by fellow creators
- loved new songs
- discovered new restaurants
- dared to say yes to what life wanted to deliver
- I saw Sasquatch
- loved master gardener training
- enjoyed volunteering in the gardens and on the help desk!
- learned to appreciate contrast like never before
- laughed more than ever
- Joy became a regular thing in my daily life
- invested in friendships – and let others go
- ate a lot of high quality chocolate!
- pared down my belongings to those that spark joy
- got better at relaxing
- learned to be easier on myself
- got even better at believing in big dreams
- saw what a truly skilled co-creator I am
- gave myself credit for being an excellent guide to fellow co-creators
- learned how to take mistakes in stride
- trusted guidance and listened to inner nudges like a pro
- paid attention to dreams and messages from angels
- said yes to what my heart wanted and no to what it didn’t
- saw the perfection of how life unfolds and embraced the pace of my journey through it
- learned better than ever what matters and what doesn’t
- felt the privilege of being here now
- got better at trusting that everything’s working out perfectly
- and am looking forward to an even more amazing and delightful new year.
Your turn. 🙂