Become an Appreciationist

May 1, 2012 | 7 Comments »

how to develop appreciation skillsAppreciation is right at the top of the vibrational scale along with love, joy, freedom and empowerment.  Which makes it one of the best vibrations for creating alignment to what you want.

And we know alignment is the name of the manifesting game!

So it seems worth focusing on how to develop our appreciation skills as deliberate creators.  Here are tips for becoming a professional appreciator, but I’d love to hear yours as well in the comments.

Intend it.
Everything works out best when you start it with a deliberate intention, and this gig is no different.  Simply holding in mind your desire to become a powerful appreciator will grease the wheels for an easier journey to it.

Commit to it.
A key step to becoming a powerful appreciator is to stick with it.  Once you decide this is who you want to be, create a commitment to achieve it.  Even though you may not know exactly how or when you’ll get there, your commitment to create a focus on thankfulness will serve you well.

Make a plan for it.
You’ll be more successful at building your appreciation muscle if you have a specific plan for how to engage it. It doesn’t have to be a big deal or a complex plan, but specificity supports success.  Even just naming five things you’re grateful for as you drift off to sleep can make all the difference.

Keep a happiness journal.
Make regular entries in a written journal to create a strong focus on what brings you joy.  It helps if you’re not obsessive about doing it every day without fail, but rather just making a gentle, relaxed commitment to posting regularly.  (I do mine publicly in the GVU forum.)

Hang out with other appreciators.
Energy is contagious, so by spending time with people who are natural appreciators rather than complainers sets you up for success. At the minimum, limit your exposure to those who have tendencies toward pessimism and negativity.

Study the experts.
When I hit a bit of a rough patch in life, dad insisted I read a copy of Pollyanna. She literally changed my life. Pollyanna is an appreciator to the extreme, and can’t help but rub off when you study her! Some have that same experience of Eckhart Tolle. (If you’ve got a particularly helpful appreciation model, please share with us in the comments!)

Get a dog. Or a cat.  (Or whatever else you might love.)
Set yourself up for easy, and fill your life with the things that are easy to love and appreciate.  For me, that’s animals.  For others, it could be music, good food, great books, fun exercise, a new friend, etc.

However you engage the habit of appreciation, you’re sure to find it makes a powerful difference in your vibration and thus your manifesting success.  (Not to mention enjoyment of life!)

This one single habit packs tremendous punch  in amping up your deliberate creator skills, which is why it belongs in every manifester’s toolkit.  Share your tips for building the appreciation muscle in the comments below.

Jeannette Maw is the LOA party host at Good Vibe U and co-founder of Good Vibe Astrology. Subscribe to her Good Vibe newsletter here. Connect on Google+.

Tags:

7 Responses to “ Become an Appreciationist ”

1. Evan Griffith on May 22, 2012 at 8:56 pm

And hover around the Good Vibe Blog . . .

Works for me!

Evan

2. Good Vibe Coach on May 22, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Love that one, Evan! Thanks for the smile!

3. Barbara on May 23, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I keep a regular journal – even if it’s only a few quick lists each day. I like to start and end my day with appreciation, too. I also remind myself during the day if “challenges” show up that I can appreciate them, too! All that stuff I don’t like or want means that’s there a pot of appreciation overflowing on the way! Warmly, Barbara

P.S. Did I mention that I appreciate you, Jeannette! :-)

4. [...] Habits that build the thankful muscle include keeping a happiness journal, reading Pollyanna, hanging out with other happy people, listing 5 things you’re grateful for at the end of every day, etc.  Read more about developing appreciation here. [...]

5. Cyndi on May 29, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Back in September 2011, I decided that I would be thankful/express appreciation for one thing each day. In fact, this is my facebook status update, every single day. Sometimes, it’s just one thing and, other days, it’s several. Today is Day 260. I promised myself that I would commit to this practice every day for one year. It sets the tone for a positive day and I think it’s helped me maintain a higher vibration more often than not. :-)

6. Parul Bhargava on May 31, 2012 at 2:42 am

Fabulous post! I have set 3 reminder alarms in my mobile phone that remind me to appreciate 3 things in my life, each time they buzz!!

I must get back to adhering to them. :)

7. Alexandria Barker on September 9, 2012 at 7:31 am

Writing gratitude lists does it for me, I start the day that way, and do it verbally if time doesn’t permit. I also picked up a practice somewhere along the way (sorry I can’t attribute to it’s original source)of doing my list differently on Sundays. I look back over the week and give thanks for all the wonderful things that have occurred – then for all the wonders that are on their way over the coming week (ties right in with Wishful Thanking). And I must agree with Evan, when I need a vibe lifter I head to Good Vibe University!
    As Abe would say, there is great love here for you!
    In Light
    Alexandria

My Free Ebook: from Amazon’s Top 10 List

Download here to also get my rave review newsletter.

Get New Posts Emailed