Imagine There’s a Super Hot Guy …
This guy’s hot.
I’m talking super hot.
He’s everything I ever dreamed of.
And I want him in my world. I think we’d be fabulous together!
I mean, this is my guy! Or at least, I want him to be.
Okay, are you with me so far?
Now imagine that these are the sorts of things I say to him:
- You probably aren’t interested in someone like me. You probably prefer a girl who has her act together. Someone who is more worthy of your attention.
- I really don’t know how to handle you. You’re the kind of guy I’ve never been able to make it work with, and frankly I’m worn out from trying.
- I need you to prove your love, and then I’ll love you back. But you better show it first, because I’m not going to trust until you do.
And imagine this is how I treat him:
- Carelessly. Not paying much attention. Can’t be bothered with the likes of him.
- Or with trepidation. Every time I interact with him I’m a nervous wreck, always afraid he’s going to let me down. Or I’m going to mess it up.
- Or with blame. He’s the reason my life is a mess. If only he’d do things differently, then I would be happy.
And imagine this is what I feel about him:
- I’m afraid of him.
- Or I blame him and his kind for letting me down so many times in the past.
- Or I have to have him. My life will not be complete without him and I will do whatever it takes (whatever it takes, I tell you!) to drag him home with me.
This is probably not an auspicious start to a healthy, loving relationship, right?
No. That’s how to manifest a dysfunctional relationship. Or how to ensure I’m rolling solo.
Either way, that’s not how happily ever after with my true love unfolds.
Easy to see when we look at it this way.
So, here’s the thing. And maybe you already know where I’m going with this …
But many of us are doing exactly this while trying to draw money into our own lives.
We’re flowing repellent energy and wondering why money isn’t running into our arms to live happily ever after.
Because many of us are thinking unworthy thoughts, feeling anxiety, or treating money like we expect it to disappear altogether at any moment.
Is that an eye opener about the relationship you’ve created with your own money?
“But,” you might say, “Money isn’t a person! It’s just energy. It’s not the same thing as a relationship.”
Well, yes, it is just energy. And money is responding to your energy, the same way everything else in the world does.
So if you’re interested in upgrading your love affair with money, you might take a little inventory about how you think, treat, and feel about it.
If money was a person, how would you describe your relationship?
Would a person respond positively to what you’re flowing? Or would they be repelled by it?
It doesn’t take much to turn things around once we see how we’ve sabotaged our own financial desires.
When we’re nurturing a thriving relationship with a loved one in real life we probably do these sorts of things:
- We think lovely thoughts about them
- We rave about them to our friends
- We spend quality time with them
- We appreciate all the delights they bring to our world
- We care about and treasure them
- We expect good things for and from them
- We post happy pictures together on facebook
Okay, that last one made me laugh. (I would delight in seeing your happy money pics.)
But you can feel the vibrational difference, right? Or if you’re already rocking it with money, you probably don’t have a big difference here.
If you do (notice a difference), just learn to treat, think and feel about money in a way that welcomes it.
And it won’t be long before your bank account is sending you love notes back.