Let It Be the Right Thing
… it’s easy to question yourself.
- Did I do the right thing?
- Is this crazy?
- Am I going to regret this?
- What if it doesn’t work?
That’s when it’s good to remember there’s no such thing as one right path to what you want.
There are a wide variety of ways to get there.
So it’s not a matter of making the one right decision.
It’s about adopting the right vibration.
That part is super helpful to get to where you want to be.
That means letting what you choose be the right choice. Not second-guessing yourself. Not worrying you chose wrong. But deliberately deciding to let it be the right thing.
Because it isn’t so much what you DO as it is how you FEEL that determines what happens next.
So whatever you’ve chosen (or whenever you do finally decide), let it serve you. Find a way to feel good about. Revel in the reasons why you chose it. Focus on the advantages and the upsides of this option, and minimize the worries and fears.
I faced down some noisy gremlins when I walked away from a six-figure ten-year career in financial services to start a coaching practice …
“Have you lost your mind?!” “This is never going to work.” “What makes you think you can do this?” “You’re going to regret it.” “You’ll look like such a fool.”
In those moments when gremlins got traction in my head, I reminded myself why this was the right path for me:
- I’d rather do it and fail than never try and regret.
- This is what my heart is calling for.
- That work environment was literally killing me. Quitting was a life-saving measure!
- I have a huge advantage in that I know how the world works: I get what I focus on. And I know how to focus on what I want. I’m doing it right now!
- There’s a lot of room for error – I don’t have to get this perfect right out of the gate. I’ve got some time to sort it out.
- I’ve got good support, good training, and good experience to make this work.
- This is what I want. That’s reason enough to go for it!
Those are the thoughts that helped me make peace with what I’d chosen. And making peace was a big part of allowing the dream to unfold. Nerves and fears can hold that good stuff at bay!
(In three months I had a full practice and by my second year I was on track to replace that six figure income. But most of all, I followed the call of my heart. That is reason enough to say yes to it!)
That’s what conscious creation is all about – deliberately finding your way to a better feeling place.
So practice feeling optimistic – or even confident – that you’re headed towards what you want. At least make peace with your choice!
Not because you need it – attachment isn’t what we’re fueling here. But choosing to feel good about it just because you can. ‘Cuz you’re smart like that. You know how to feel your way into what you want.
That’s all it takes to let it be the right thing.
PS – if you’re having trouble coming up with reasons why it’s the right choice, this one is all you need: because you said so.