Playing with the Money Mantra

March 5, 2009 | 165 Comments »

money making mantraReady to play with a mantra that will help money manifest in your life?

Here’s one that many folks report fabulous results with.

This money manifesting method is even more successful when you approach it with a light, easy, carefree attitude, so have fun with it!

(Speaking of fun, you might also like these top 10 ways to manifest money.)

Without further ado, let’s learn the money chant (aka abundance mantra):

This mantra is designed to allow more abundance into your world.

Whether it’s more health, wealth, or happiness, you can chant this mantra to the goddess Lakshmi, the Hindu embodiment of good fortune, prosperity, and beauty – 108 times every day for 40 days.

Thomas Ashley-Farrand said he’s heard many amazing success stories of how people’s situations have improved by invoking Lakshmi.  Sometimes the mantra allows just a small stream of abundance to trickle into relationships, health or finances. But other times a flood of good fortune comes very quickly.

Find out for yourself by beginning the money mantra chant.  Here it is:

Om shrim maha lakshmiyei swaha

Phonetically it’s: Om shreem mah-hah lahk-shmee-yay swah-hah

And it means: “Om and salutations to she who manifests every kind of abundance.”

(Please note: if you’re under age 28, you’re supposed to chant “namaha” instead of “swaha.”)

I don’t know why it works, but it sure seems to. (Even before you get to day 40.) Some people just chant it for 10 minutes rather than count out 108 – but those in the know insist there’s significance to 108 repetitions.

You may also considering combining this technique with the pray rain journaling process for extra money magic.

Have fun with it if you feel inspired to play.  And if you’ve got positive experiences to share about this mantra, we’d love to hear them!

Join 11,215 savvy creators like you in receiving my best manifesting tips in your inbox. For high powered manifesting support you'll also love the online Law of Attraction party at Good Vibe U.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

165 Responses to “ Playing with the Money Mantra ”

1. EV says:

Thanks again for an amazing post- I really related to having things come to me easily when I have a carefree attitude about it- I will certainly give the chant a try!

2. Yeah, that carefree attitude is a golden ticket, isn’t EV? ha

Thanks for being willing to play with it – let me know what you think! 🙂

3. The 108 has special reference in Hind mythology – even our rudraksh prayer necklace used for chanting and made from seeds of fruit normally have 108 beads.. I could say more but my brain is still foggy … 🙂 missed reading your posts! Glad to be back xx

4. I have to say, Tia, after having a tough time figuring out how to count 108 on my fingers while chanting, I finally embraced it as a great excuse to buy my first set of prayer beads! YAY!

Not that I use them that much, but I sure like having them. lol

I think part of why this chant might be so effective is because in using it we’re tapping into a HUGE Hindu thought pool that’s been added to over the ages, right?

Or, again, simply because there’s no charge on it for most of us.

Glad to have you back here, Tia! Missed you while you were sans computer in India!

5. Tia,

Make an audio recording of how to say it correctly and post back here or on your website… or does using the english translation work just as good?

JA

6. I was hoping someone would find an audio link to the correct pronunciation of this. I’m not sure how important it is, but I’ve heard some people say the “yei” on the end of lakshmi needs to be emphasized.

Even better, though, that Tia would record one FOR us!! What do you say, Tia??

(Good idea, Jeff!)

7. Barb says:

I have a little statue of Lakshmi in my prosperity corner and I’m sure she’d love for me to chant to her. Thanks for sharing this! Looks like I might need to make myself a set of prayer beads to help me keep count, too, though I wonder if the set I designed for the SOM Church class would work.

I look forward to hearing Tia’s recording so that Lakshmi doesn’t giggle at my pronunciation. 😉

8. Iyabo Asani says:

Yes, Tia, please please an audio. Also I guess I need some way to figure out how to count to 108 while I am doing it.

9. Barb, the idea of Lakshmi giggling at your pronunciation is making ME laugh! You are too cute!

10. Gini Diane Collinson, LCSW says:

Hey Jeannette

Thanks for the the money chant. I’ll use your phonetic pronunciation, but I think a recording of Tia chanting the real deal would be tres cool.

Thanks for sharing…

11. Phillis says:

Ah, Tia — my hero — Jeannette and Lyabo too. . . so, I’ve come up with my own creation of a chant …. or something like that. . . . I call it “Breathing In” . . . . I practice the breathing as in full breaths and sucking in the stomach on the exhale . . . this “Breathing In” can be a little as three minutes and as long as one woud love to do it. .. . can be done anytime. . . bedtime, awaking, waiting in traffic, in line at a store — before the BIG presentation or interview — your choice. . .. ok, so . . . my words – I use five to eight and start

I breathe in GOD
    (breathe in)
    (breathe out)

I breathe in LOVE
    etc. in/out

I breathe in JOY
    etc. in/out

and on– then depending on time and time of day I will add. . . “I breathe in GOD – God is love” ….. I breathe in “Love, I am Love”

The key is everything is Positive to my personal vibrational and my ‘EMOTIONAL’ level.

Guaranteed to life your mood, start your day out on a high level and of course end your day on a note of GOOD VIBES!

12. Phillis says:

oops —- and of course: God is Money in Action …..

13. Mitch says:

I have heard of this from you before, but didn’t think much of it. I’m going to start my “40 days” tomorrow. 🙂 Wouldn’t it be great if we could all start playing with it and then share our results as they come along in the interest of multiplying the effects through our focused group energy? Just a thought. 😀

14. Oh my gosh, how wonderful is THAT, Phillis?! Thanks for sharing that with us!

And Mitch, sounds like a great idea to me! Let’s get the collective energy working in our favor on this! 🙂

15. Kimo says:

We have a CD of this chant but in a longer version. It played 24/7 in the construction zone of a boarded up crack house transforming into a solar eco-cottage permaculture mico village. (whew! that’s a mouthful!)

The appraised value tripled but that wasn’t the best part, it was the feeling that became saturated in the space itself.
    It’s still in it’s evolution and still a construction zone. But it sure feels good. People comment on it, as soon as they walk in, even though we just see a mess.

I think the idea of having a fun carefree approach is the key that often gets misplaced.

Now where did I put that CD?

16. Kimo, what an amazing story! That gives me wonderful ideas about how to put the mantra to even more powerful work!

THANK YOU!!

17. Oh my, you guys crack me up!! Now I’m a hindu chant audio recorder, can I put that on my skills list pls haha!

Iyabo, that’s why Hindus use prayer beads. I have a rudraksh one somewhere (never use it) but you can make your own with normal beads or buy one anywhere. There are knots in between each bead to keep it separated. And the 108th is the big one at the end.

And yes, chanting seems to reverberate at a cosmic level where all these sounds have been dispersed for years. Like tapping into that frequency! My mom chants ‘nam-myo-ho-renge-kyo’, a Soka Gakkai budhhist chant but doesn’t use beads.

I will record it for you. The emphasis is not on the ‘yei’ but on swaaahaaaa.

ps: Have you ever heard of the Gayatri mantra? It’s one of my fav chants and just listening to it makes me feel peaceful.

Gayatri is considered to encompass Lakhshmi, Parvati (Shiva the destructor’s wife and Universal mother) and Saraswati (Goddess of Learning).

Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDnamSM3Z3s

18. You are a wealth of info, Tia! Thank you!!

19. Adrienne says:

A video of Om shrim maha lakshmiyei swaha being repeated many times (I didn’t count) with the beads/rope.

20. Oh my, he says it way faster than I do! (Is it is possible someone talks faster than me??)

Thanks for this link, Adrienne. Very helpful!

21. Debra says:

OM my! This is wonderful!! I love the serendipity of it.

Just a couple weeks ago I felt Lakshmi tap me on the shoulder and I printed a beautiful picture of her to keep beside me while I work.

Thanks to you, Jeanette…I’ve now got an amazing mantra to repeat each day to amplify Lakshmi’s presence and gifts in my life. :0)

I’ve written the mantra on my poster and just as I was practicing it Mark and Destin organically joined in! We’ll report what we experience. How fun. We’re in! “Playing with the money mantra”; “tapped in, tuned in, turned on!” :0)

Thanks everyone in the comment thread for deepening the experience of this post (as always!)

Thanks Adrienne for the informative link!

Thanks Tia for mentioning the Gayatri Mantra…that’s my personal FAVE.

I love this version by Deva Premal…

Thanks for the abundance of inspiration and the positive vibe tuning once again, Jeanette!

22. Ooh, I’m liking this Deva Premal video link, Debra … thank you!

23. Kim Falconer says:

I love this too! Jeannette, you mentioned the money chant last year in your ‘Align the Money Vibe’ course–and I did it for the 40 days. There have been so many quantum shifts in my life that I can’t put my finger on which practice brought what result, but I can say that abundance has many qualities–from the sensual to cosmic consciousness.

For me, chanting this Om to Lakshmi has coincided with more of everything I’ve ever wanted 🙂

Thank you for the reminder. I too will do it again–we’ll have our own collective of chanters going and we can report back our experiences!

Love to everyone,
    Kim

24. I love this “chanting collective” we’re creating here!! Thanks for helping to build the energy, Kim. I’m joining in, too!

25. Patia says:

Here is a beautiful picture of Lakshmi I came across a month ago (and felt very drawn to).

26. Debra says:

I love that picture, Patia! That’s *the* one I printed a few weeks back…and now have written the mantra on. :0)

27. Patia says:

I did the same thing today!

28. Lori says:

You can read about the significance of 108 and using mala’s (prayer beads) here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mala_(Buddhism) and here: http://www.swamij.com/108.htm
    and this is a great blog that explains how to use them: http://mayhemarts.blogspot.com/2008_08_24_archive.html

I’ve made one for myself fairly recently. 🙂
    Thanks for this! I will try it out and report the happening back here.

29. Mm, beautiful photo, Patia!

And thanks for the links, Lori!

30. Amy says:

Funny story about asking without attatchment… Our old TV, which is now about 15, has some problems. I started thinking, rather absently, that it might be time to replace it. I looked at new TVs (not on purpose, I was walking past the TV dept) and noticed they were more money than I wanted to spend on a TV. I told myself that TV’s just don’t matter that much to us, and ours works well enough. This had been about a two year process.

A few weeks ago, my ex-sister in law said she was selling her old TV. I asked her how much, and she said she’d just give it to us. (My boyfriend didn’t want it because it’s so big that I think it embarasses him.) Well, I thought we should just take it, because it seemed to me to be the universe’s answer to our gentle asking.

That $4,000 TV is sitting in our dining room still. We haven’t moved it since we brought it home. Can TVs really cost that much?

Thanks for your blog. I love it!!!!!!!

31. Ha! It must be your incredibly missing attachment to tvs that sends you a $4,000 free one!! Great story, Amy. Thanks for sharing it here!

32. Lori says:

Ya know, Amy, if you don’t really want that tv, I’ll take it! haha
    But seriously, that’s awesome!

33. bonni says:

If you go to Amazon and look up a lady called Caitlin (that’s the entire name she uses, just Caitlin) in conjunction with the word “Laxmi”, you’ll find an excellent CD of sacred chants/mantras that are set to music. I have the CD, I listen to it frequently. Very worthwhile.

They also offer just her Laxmi (Lakshmi, same goddess ;)) change on mp3, if you’re in the United States. Unfortunately, you can’t download mp3s from Amazon from anywhere else. 🙁

Anyway, if you’re interested in learning how to do the Lakshmi chant or just want some really interesting and potentially powerful (and, I think, enjoyable to listen to) chants set to somewhat more modern music with fantastic vocal harmonies, check out Caitlin’s “Laxmi’s Dream” CD.

34. Thanks for the resource, Bonni! I’ll follow your lead to it …

35. Debbie says:

Thanks for the great post. I’m reading Wayne Dyer’s book on the Tao and one of the verses talks about allowing. I’m in. I’ll keep you posted

36. Gillian says:

Oh Jeannette, what a gem you are, I shall recite your money mantra from now on. I have already had an enormous success with the wish-fullfilling mantra “OM Padmo Ushnisha Vimale Hum Phat”. Now I will specifically chant for money and abundance! Thank you again Jeannette, you are a shining gem!

Love, Gillian

37. Amy says:

Our LOA discussion group members are all making prayer beads and are doing the 40 day chanting. We’ll let you know the results! This sure has been fun!

38. Gini Diane Collinson, LCSW says:

Hey Jeannette

I began my 40 days on March 11th, just because it was the next auspicious date since I read your post & processed my thoughts about it. So I’m on board & will keep you posted about my outcomes.

Thanks so much for your generous spirit. I love to think that all around the world we’ll be doing this together.

I know Lakshmi has to overlook my bizarre pronunciation; she knows my heart!

39. Gillian says:

Yap, I am starting the 40 day mantra recitation tomorrow, which is the birthday of Kuan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy, because just like Gini Diane, its the next most auspicious day since I read your post. I could wait til the next new moon on the 27th of March, but its too long for me. I shall keep you updated with my results!

Love, Gillian

40. Thought I’d share a sampling of the tweets & emails coming in since people have been playing with this chant:

“@GoodVibeCoach wanted to thank you fir the money chant, was that the name? 6 new clients in a week and I only did it one time. Serious ROI!”

Yay! Here’s another:

“You know, one of the very first effects I noted since starting the Laskhmi mantra (I’m still at it, intend to do it for 40 days or longer, I’ll see) was that I started losing weight. It was incredibly easy: my body turned into fasting mode and I’ve gone along with it and started a very gentle cleanse, and even ended up eating raw food only since a couple of days – something which I’ve done on will power and hope earlier, but now I just followed my body’s intuition and there’s no stress about it whatsoever, and I’ll only do it for as long as it feels good, but it still does.”

How fun!!

41. Phillis says:

Oh Jeannette — I am see another wonderful ‘ebook’ in your very near future. Love P.

42. Iyabo Asani says:

Guys, I went out and bought a prayer bead necklace with 108 beads! I am so excited. Here goes. I will keep you posted.

Hugs,

Iyabo

43. jessica says:

Cool website you got here, dude! I will try to make my website as good as yours.

44. olsen says:

I’m interested on your post. It’s good. Have any more information about it? or any information on law of attraction? thanks.

45. pooja says:

hi…i was vry upset today..nthng was gng my way fr past few days. Badly hurted emotionaly i was net surfing to change my mood..then i read this. I wld really love to try this frm tommorw. I hope Goddess Lakshmi blesses me.

Thanx fr the post….atleast now my mind is bit stable and i m feeling light and relaxed.

God Bless!

46. sudha says:

please keep me posted on everyones experience . Just wanted to know if anyone can give me answer what if a women for some reason cannot chant the mantras for few days , can they chant without sitting near the temple . Please let me know

47. Sandy says:

Hey Jeanette (and others who commented here)

I found a site with Caitlin’s Laxmi’s Dream track and have been trying to listen to it daily (haven’t managed to remember to do it every day yet).

I had an unexpected refund (around $500) from a doctor’s office show up in my mailbox about 2 weeks after I started listening to this. Then 2 days later a check from the insurance company finally showed up for a claim that I sent in to them in Jan. AWESOME!

Thanks for the idea! And I plan on buying the Caitlin CD soon.

I am SO BLESSED!!!

48. Kelly says:

Just read this post from awhile back right before bed last night. Went upstairs and grabbed gratitude journal. Guess what image is on the front? Exact same one as this post!

Taking it as a sign and a way to perhaps allow while getting my busy mind out of the way. Will try tonight…

Hugs,
    K.

49. Stephen says:

Great post! If you want to see results with this mantra or any other mantra, you have to chant with a certain intention of what you want, and you have to chant A LOT.

Shakti mantras such as Lakshmi’s awakens the energy at the base of your spine. Because you are asking for Lakshmi’s help, this mantra will awaken your creative and manifesting energy, or Kriya Shakti. But with this power awakened, how can it be of use if it is not directed to what you want? This is where intentions come in.

This mantra is relatively easy to chant. You can easily stack up 1,000 reps per day by chanting during work, walking to the train, doing the dishes, etc. If you hit 125,000, you are bound to see something happen!

Happy chanting!

50. Patia says:

After reading Bonni’s comment, I found the song “Laxmi’s Dream” by Caitlin in the iTunes store. It’s a very beautiful recording of the chant.

I set up an iTunes playlist with just the one song on repeat. It’s really pretty.

51. yes i have just started saying the chant but now have to start all ove now that i know you have to recite it 108 times please send more information

52. Judiesjuice says:

I decided to start chanting the mantra today. I felt wonderful while saying it. I am so excited to see what manifests!!

I’d love to hear more stories of people’s experiences with this mantra. Jeanette, what about you?

53. Here’s what happened for me, Juidiesjuice:

When I originally chanted this years ago, I didn’t know to set an intention in advance of it, so abundance showed up in a variety of areas of my life (including financial).

After posting this and reading many of the responses, I got inspired to play with it again … for about three days. Then I’d forget it for a day or two, and have to start over again. Only to forget it after another day or two.

I realized when I did it years ago I had more curiosity going for me, and I really wanted to test it out. I think that’s how I made it through 40 days back then. (And without beads, believe it or not! I counted it on fingers! lol)

So maybe inspiration will hit again, but in the meantime I’m enjoying everyone else’s experiences with it. 🙂

54. imhkki says:

have you seen anybody made money by loa.
    Except the loa writers or teachers
    🙂

55. Well, I have, imhkki (seen LOTS of folks make money using LOA), but that’s because I believe it. You may not be seeing it because you believe otherwise, right?

If you looked, which I invite you to do if you’re interested in a much more liberating perspective, you’ll see them too. (Since we always get what we look for.)

Of course there’s nothing wrong with seeing it your way, either. Just suggesting if you wanted it to be different for you, it could be.

Much love, my friend. 🙂

56. Judiesjuice says:

Jeannette, thanks for sharing. Today is day 22 out of 40 for me. I have experienced a couple of wonderful things and I am very grateful. I was published on a New York Times blog, The Local, as one example. I’m waiting to here on another opportunity that I have applied for. Keeping my fingers crossed.

57. Debra says:

Awesome Judie!

I’m on my second cycle, half way through…so 60 days in a row for me. The thing I’m honestly most thrilled about is how good it feels!!

It feels so good…and that’s enough of an indicator to me that it’s something to continue. (Going for the feel good…what feels best…my mantra & many others here at GoodVibeBlog!! *right, Jeannette?* 🙂

I’ve had TONS of awesome things line up since chanting. Lots of little things and a couple of big ones. (No paid vacation…like someone else here; kudos for that! But, I think that’s because my life is sort of like vacation all the time; I love it all the work is play for me and my life has freedom and flexibility built right in…so it’s all gooood. As an aside…I would be in complete receiver mode if a paid vacation were to land in my lap!! Happy to receive.

Most of what’s been flowing for me are incredible ‘perfect matches’ in my ever expanding circle of goodness. More great clients, wonderful connections to organizations, movements, etc. that totally turn me on, etc.

The absolute best thing that’s occurred for me since the feel good of chanting to Lakshmi is the overwhelming sense of peace and calm I feel around pretty much everything. I’m just plain happy. And giddy with trust.

That’s good enough for me!! 🙂

Love that this conversation just keeps flowing! Thanks again, Jeannette for creating/holding just amazing space with amazing grace!

In Harmony,
    Debra
    (@debsoul on Twitter)

58. Judiesjuice says:

Debra, how often are you chanting? Are you doing one “round” of 108 chants or more? Some days I only do one round and other days I do 2-3 rounds.

I also posted on your blog as well 🙂

Jeannette, do you think you will start the chant again?

59. Judiesjuice says:

Gillian, how cool! I found this:

Q: I want to work with more than one mantra at a time, because I want to work on several things at once. Is this a good thing to do?

A: For your first experiment with mantras, I recommend you work with only one mantra for a full forty-day discipline. After that, work with any combination that makes sense to you. Remember, mantras work with energy – both yours and what you bring in from the universe – so if you work on more than one thing, try to keep them at least in the same general area.

I would love to hear more of your chanting experience if you’d care to share 🙂

60. Gillian says:

HI there!

Does anybody know if it is ok to chant several mantras at a time? Like chanting to Sri Lakshmi for abundance, to Lord Ganesha for the removal of obstacles. Do you know what the mantra is to attract Divine Love into your life? It’s “OM PARAMA PREMA RUPAYA NAMAHA”
    I am chanting several mantras everyday and I make it a routine, like a daily prayer.

61. Judiesjuice says:

I feel like I am doing something “wrong” with the mantra. I have had a few cool things happen, but a lot of my goals are not manifesting 🙁 I have been doing numerous 108 rounds daily. I have 9 more days to go….

62. Judiesjuice says:

Gillian, thank you for the reply. Yes, I remember reading about your Bali trip. I am drooling over here 🙂

I wonder if I have to place more attention to my intention while saying the mantra. I have taken a playful approach and have been experimenting with it, ie, reciting it while on the treadmill or taking a walk. Perhaps I should be more mindful when I recite it.

What has been your experience with the Ganesha chant?

I read this on the same site that I shared yesterday:

Q: I notice that in your books you say that after the age of 28, the endings of many mantras should be changed to Swaha from Namaha. I’m working with Om Gum Ganapatayei Namaha and I am 35 years old. Do I need to change the ending?

A: Some Mantras do not, as a rule, change their endings. Here are mantras that do not change endings except for certain special circumstances:

Om Gum Ganapatayei Namaha
    Om Dum Durgayei Namaha
    Om Eim Hrim Klim Chamundayei Viche Namaha
    Om Sri Dhanvantre Namaha

63. Gillian says:

Hi Judiesjuice! Thank you so much for the link referal. This is my experience with Sri Lakshmi: 10 days into my 40 day discipline I was invited to a trip to Bali, all expenses paid (I wrote about it in one of Jeannette’s blog post). On my 41rst day my brother send me unexpected money. I have been chanting the Lakshmi mantra for more than 2 months now and I shall see what is happening. I don’t think you are doing anything wrong, Judiesjuice, just keep on reciting the mantra. Like Stephen said above if you hit 125,000 repititions, something is bound to happen. The 40 day discipline is just the minimum needed to lock in the vibration, however I believe if one really wants to experience Sri Lakshmi’s blessings, one should keep on chanting and make it a daily practice. By the way, I read that for some mantras the syllable namaha should be replaced with swaha if we are above 28 years of age, does anyone know anything about it?

64. Gillian says:

Thanks Judiesjuice. Its kind of confusing, because I read in another site that Namaha and Swaha are not interchangeable, because some mantras have the syllable namaha and some swaha and exchanging them would make the mantra powerless. But I am glad to hear the Ganesha chant ” Om Gum Ganapatayei Namaha” does not change its syllable, because I have been chanting that mantra also for 2 months now, I am glad I did not chant in vain. Judiesjuice, so far I have received some blessing here and there by chanting the Lakshmi and Ganesha mantra, however I look forward for the breakthrough in my life, I want to start a new chapter, a new beginning, I want change, to put it bluntly (while accepting and being at peace with what already is, learned that from Jeannette). That is why I chant the Ganesha mantra to remove any seen/unseen obstacles from my path. I shall keep you updated, when that major breakthrough in my life has occured. Meanwhile, don’t worry about doing anything wrong with the Lakshmi chant, just keep on chanting patiently. I have now made a discipline to chant during the transition time between day and night (dusk/dawn) because it is supposed to be the most pwerful time for prayers and chanting. I wake up at 4 am to chant my mantras.
    I will keep you posted with the developements.

65. Judiesjuice says:

Gillian (or anyone else who may know), I am interested in learning more about the wish fulfillment chant you mentioned previously: OM Padmo Ushnisha Vimale Hum Phat. I googled it but cannot seem to find the information I am looking for. I would like to do another 40 day chant. I did enjoy the Lakshmi but I am not certain I want to do it again at this time.

Thanks in advance!!

66. Judiesjuice says:

I just made a new post to my blog that sort of relates to this. Here is what I posted:

I had an interesting conversation with my yoga instructor, Amy, last week. (No, this is not the one that was teaching when I got injured.) She also works with crystals and makes jewelry. For Mother’s Day, my dear husband got me a gift certificate to have a piece of jewelry made by her. We were talking about the different types of crystals and the energy that is usually associated with the crystal. Amy shared something very intriguing to me. She believes that while the crystals have their own inherent “powers”, she doesn’t think they can separate one intention from another and correlate them to different crystals. They are all good!

For some reason, I have not been able to get that conversation out of my mind and I am not really sure why. I keep on getting reminded about it over and over. For example, I have been looking for a new 40 day mantra to chant. My research has come up with so many various ones that appeal to me. There is one to overcoming obstacles and there is one that is considered a wish fulfillment one. Which one should I choose?!?!?

Last night, as I was just about to fall asleep, I was once again reminded about my conversation with Amy. Hello, does it really matter what mantra I chant? Of course not. What truly matters is my intention. What a relief. It’s all good!

67. Lori says:

Hey everyone. 🙂 I slacked off on this at first, but have recently taken it back up upon reading more about mantras and chants, and the Hindu religion in general (along with other religions). I’ll have to make sure I come back here in 40 days to report my experience.

68. Judiesjuice says:

I have a few more links to share. Jeannette, I hope you don’t mind. When I read this story, I had to laugh. I know some posters, myself included, were apprehensive about saying the mantras incorrectly. Please read this story:

An old story speaks about a similar problem. A devoted meditator, after years concentrating on a particular mantra, had attained enough insight to begin teaching. The student’s humility was far from perfect, but the teachers at the monastery were not worried.

A few years of successful teaching left the meditator with no thoughts about learning from anyone; but upon hearing about a famous hermit living nearby, the opportunity was too exciting to be passed up.

The hermit lived alone on an island at the middle of a lake, so the meditator hired a man with a boat to row across to the island. The meditator was very respectful of the old hermit. As they shared some tea made with herbs the meditator asked him about his spiritual practice. The old man said he had no spiritual practice, except for a mantra which he repeated all the time to himself. The meditator was pleased: the hermit was using the same mantra he used himself — but when the hermit spoke the mantra aloud, the meditator was horrified!

“What’s wrong?” asked the hermit.

“I don’t know what to say. I’m afraid you’ve wasted your whole life! You are pronouncing the mantra incorrectly!”

“Oh, Dear! That is terrible. How should I say it?”

The meditator gave the correct pronunciation, and the old hermit was very grateful, asking to be left alone so he could get started right away. On the way back across the lake the meditator, now confirmed as an accomplished teacher, was pondering the sad fate of the hermit.

“It’s so fortunate that I came along. At least he will have a little time to practice correctly before he dies.” Just then, the meditator noticed that the boatman was looking quite shocked, and turned to see the hermit standing respectfully on the water, next to the boat.

“Excuse me, please. I hate to bother you, but I’ve forgotten the correct pronunciation again. Would you please repeat it for me?”

“You obviously don’t need it,” stammered the meditator; but the old man persisted in his polite request until the meditator relented and told him again the way he thought the mantra should be pronounced.

The old hermit was saying the mantra very carefully, slowly, over and over, as he walked across the surface of the water back to the island.

Source: http://www.dharma-haven.org/tibetan/meaning-of-om-mani-padme-hung.htm

69. Judiesjuice says:

When I was searching the internet for a new mantra, I came across this article that was featured in Yoga Journal magazine. Apparently this is a good mantra for new beginnings and I believe the article was published in Jan. Every day is a new beginning in my eyes! I intend to start a 40 day mantra chant beginning on the new moon, June 22nd, which is also Summer Solstice.

By Thomas Ashley-Farrand
    Om Gum Ganapatayei Namaha
    Om Guhm Guh-nuh-puh-tuh-yea
    Nah-mah-hah

Om and salutations to Ganapati (Ganesha)

The new year offers a chance to bring your deepest desires to life. But first you have to find a path around the obstacles standing in the way. Although they may manifest as external problems—you may think a lack of time prevents you from meditation every day, for example—it is often emotions or thought patterns that hold you back. Yet if your internal state is unified with your desire you can achieve anything. The mantra above is traditionally chanted to start new endeavors with positive energy and to remove obstacles.

Thomas Ashley-Farrand is the author of Healing Mantras and Shakti Mantras.

70. Debbie says:

Thank you for the reminder. I have been doing my mantras to Ganesha and Durga. I started my mantra to Lakshmi today. I will definatey let you know what happens.

I am having a mala custom made. In the meantime, I am starting with my crystal mala.

71. I just wanted to add that I dreamed about some numbers a few weeks ago and had been playing them in the daily lottery (Play4). I had skipped a few days recently because I was temporarily short of funds. I started the 40 days of Lakshmi chanting on Wednesday, Sept 1. I had a feeling to ‘play my numbers’ Thursday evening so I did .. and won $100 last night. (Sept 2) So I will be continuing my chanting for sure, and yes when I won, I said thanks to my angels and guides, and most especially to Lakshmi!

Thanks to Jeannette and @debsoul also!

Sandy

72. Debra says:

Woo-Hoo Sandy!! Way to go!! Love, love LOVE it. You’ve inspired me to begin chanting with Lakshmi again. I had completed three consecutive cycles…and finished the 3rd cycle the day we closed on our new dream house!

I took a break through our moving transition and have been feeling the urge to begin again. Thanks for confirming the nudge from Lakshmi for me.

🙂 Debra (@debsoul)

73. Rina says:

Hi! I’m late to finding this post but plan to start doing the 40 days – any new or updated experiences with this mantra? Please share?

74. Timothy says:

A mala is a great tool for chanting mantras. Not only does it help keep track of how many but I find it helps focus my mind on the mantra.

I own a small company that makes and imports malas. We have several malas that would work great with the “money mantra.” They are featured in our current newsletter at: http://www.yogabasics.com/japamalabeads/newsletter/September-09.htm

75. Sanjay says:

Hi guys,

does it have to be continous 40days, if there is a breakage can it be continued?

Thanks

76. Timothy says:

Sanjay, yes traditionally it is done for 40 continuous days. If you miss a day you start over!

77. Sandeep says:

This lakshmi mantra is amazing, I’ve been doing it for 21 days now and I brought a scratch-card and won a large amount of money. I’m sure goddess lakshmi helped me 🙂 keep it up it really does work, I have seen the results, may lakshmi bless you all

78. Patia says:

I checked and it does look like it’s no longer available on iTunes. But if you google it you will find other options. Last.fm is a legit site that appears to have the album available for listening.

Personally, I gave up. None of it worked for me. Maybe I just didn’t do it right, but I did my best and my life is a financial disaster in spite of all my efforts.

79. Kai says:

Patia and others,

I am unable to find the Laxmi’s Dream song on itunes. Can anyone advise me. I did find the recording on a site called http://www.legalsounds.com but it looks very suspect to me, the songs are less than ten cents. At least you can hear the sample on that site and Amazon has one used copy for $64 and thats it. I’m not paying that price.

80. Kai says:

Patia,

Thanks for the information about Last.fm. Sorry to hear about your financial situation. I hate to hear that you are giving up. You know situations are temporary and sometimes when it looks most bleek…well you know the rest of the cliche 🙂

I wish you the best with your finances and I will chant for myself, you and others as well. It certainly can’t hurt to direct some good vibes the way of others.

Have a great day and thanks for responding.

81. Emuncyn says:

Vibationally, this chant settle my awareness rapidly. A state of comfort welled up and is remaining with me while i write this note. Thank you reminding me.

82. Emuncyn says:

I can’t spell today – last post should read vibrationally!

83. Jim says:

A “light, easy, and carefree attitude” about money is important. Too many people see it as the “root of all evil.”

84. Arjun says:

Hi Everyone…This is Arjun from India. If I can be of any help to u all with any mantra resources u need from India..den plz do let me know. maybe I can scan it & mail it

85. Aanchal says:

hi. this is a great mantra, as i am a hindu. but instead of swaha, we say NAMAH. SWAHA is when we pray to the fire god.

86. Carly Fortin says:

Glad to catch this one, even a year later! Thanks!

Carly
    navigationallifecoaching.wordpress.com

87. Moe says:

Does anyone know about the treem mantra to goddess Tara? I found it on google. It is supposed to give unending monetary gain, unlimited wealth and protection. It is said to be more powerful than Shreem.

88. Kin says:

Hi Jeanette and Arjun!
    What is the correct pronounciation of,
    OM SHRIM MAHA LAKSHMIYEI SWAHA?
    I found this webpage with a guide different from Ashley Farrand’s youtube chant.

(pr. OME SHREEM MAR-HAR LUCK-SHMEE-YAY SWAR-HAR)

Thanks,
    Kin

89. Arjun says:

Hi Kin,

Mantra : Om Shreem Mahalakshimiyei Swaha

Pronounciation : Aum shreem Mah-haa Laksh – Mee -Yeh swa- haa

90. Kin says:

Thanks Arjun!

91. Jeannette says:

I’ll second that – thanks, Arjun! 🙂

Moe, I don’t know about Tara but you’ve got me interested!!

92. RAVINDER says:

JUST MY WAY OF LOOKING AT MOST THINGS.ESPECIALLY LIFE. CAREFREE, PLAYFUL, NO-TENSION. THANX FOR THIS “PLAY WITH MANTRA” THEME I’LL START PLAYING WITH IT RIGHT FROM TODAY. AS WE HAVE TO PLAY WITH IT THERE WOULD BE NO RESTRICTIONS. I’M A NON-SMOKER, VEGETARIAN BUT I’M A SOCIAL-DRINKER. WILL I’VE TO GIVE UP DRINKING FOR 40 DAYS?

93. RAVINDER says:

HI JEANNETTE MAW,IT’S ME, RAVINDER AGAIN TO YOU. I JUST WANT TO KNOW, I’M ALREADY CHANTING A MAHA LAKSHMI MANTRA ” OM RAJDWARE MAHA LAKSHMI SARWTA STHITA”,OUR “PLAY WITH MANTRA” GO ALONG-WITH IT.

94. Jeannette says:

I don’t think you’d have to give up anything to chant for the 40 days, Ravinder, but I’m definitely not the expert on chanting protocol.

I’m not familiar with the one you shared in your second post, but anything with Lakshmi has to be good, right? 😉

95. Kin says:

Hi Jeannette and Arjun,
    Just finish chanting after 40days and get positive results, the amount came unexpectedly auspicious, although it would not get me rich but happily it did works. I would like to chant and expect more. Thanks to Lakshmi.
    BTW,I want to chant this mantra, Om Gum Ganapatayei Namaha.
    So how many times and days, is it the same with Lakshmi?
    Thanks folks,