The Words That Changed My Life
(We all have them, right? On the bathroom mirror, the refrigerator, the office bulletin board, etc.?)
I used to be so self-conscious of them that I’d actually take them down before the Comcast rep showed up or the dishwasher installation guy arrived.
But last week when the carpet installers came over, I let my affirmations fly loud and proud.
Because after all, these words have brought magic into my life. They’ve delivered so many good things that I can’t even pretend to be embarrassed about using them any more.
If you were standing in my office now, here’s what you’d see on multicolored sticky notes:
- I make money like magic.
- I am a highly paid highly respected business owner.
- (that one above used to be: “I am a brilliant coach in high demand.”)
- You can prove anything!
- Thank you. I love you.
- It gets easier and easier.
- The system is set up for my success.
- We’ve got it made!
- The Universe is good to me.
- Holy sh*t, I make a lot of money!
- I am having the time of my life.
That’s just a sampling of “spells” from my office board that have brought enormous amounts of deliciousness to real life.
But it isn’t just the written words that work magic in my world. It’s the spoken ones, too … the ones I’ve repeated myself, and the ones others have spoken to me.
Like when someone tells me I’ve got a crazy idea that will never work, my standby response is, “Oh yeah? Watch me.”
Or when my inner gremlin tells me that’ll never work, I say, “Hey, stranger things have happened!”
Or when coach Jeanna Gabellini told me that even a sucky coach could get ten clients, those words were a LIFELINE to me when I doubted my own ability to succeed.
The words we speak and think and repeat over and over are literally creating the world around us.
What are the words you’re using to create your world?
If it’s time for an upgrade to what you’re speaking into reality, start now by:
- jotting an inspiring phrase or declaration on a sticky note
- post it where you’ll see it
- and watch it make its way into your world. They’re sneaky that way.
If you’ve got words that have created magic in your life, we’d love to hear them in the comments below!