Antidotes for Seriousity
Sometimes it’s easy to get panties in a twist about what’s happening in life, warranted or not …
We make it a big deal to eat healthy; we make it important to be productive; we get weighed down by newest challenges.
I personally have a Scorpio moon that inclines me toward intensity and a bit of drama.
Since a more carefree, lighthearted approach serves me much better, I’ve got strategies to remind me not to take it all so seriously.
Here are some of my “keep it light” practices as antidotes to seriousness:
- Keep Cocoa Puffs in the pantry (just seeing the box makes me smile)
- Watch favorite Big Bang Theory on DVR (season 2 episode 23 for me)
- Wear jingle ring (it’s impossible to wear this ring and be serious about anything)
- Practice the Jamaican accent (yu alright mon)
- Use sparkly gel pens (black pens go unused at my place)
- Wear neon colored undies (keeping them in the drawer is one thing, wearing them is even better)
- Include a Bee Gees song on every playlist (Bee Gees music is magic)
- Hang out with a dog (or three)
- If you’re going to follow the news, let it be Jon Stewart
- Walk in a summer rain (it’ll take mental years off of you!)
- Follow George Takei on facebook (or God or anyone else who makes you smile)
- Beef up your cloud spotting skills
- Hang smile-inducing art (my office board sports a polar bear cub playing in snow, a dog rolling on the grass, an otter playing in water, a dog with his head out the car window)
Lest we make this business of creating our reality too heavy, Abraham reminds us regularly to lighten up and Bashar advises we let our “highest excitement” orient our daily choices.
What are your favorite ways to keep the seriousness of life in check and the fun vibes flowing?