Authentic Wannabe: How to Pretend It Into Reality
Someone asked me to sum up what the best way is to create what we want. I said it’s best done by becoming the person who already has it.
If you want professional success, be the person who is successful. Don’t wait for success to arrive before you “be” that person now.
If you want relationship harmony, become a person who is already experiencing it.
If you want more money, adopt the mindset of a wealthy person.
I told the story of how years ago when I was manifesting size six, instead of walking around in the world like a size eight, I became a size six. In my mind. In my heart. In my vibration.
I did it by asking questions like:
- “What would a size six girl order for lunch today?”
- “How does a size six girl drive through this intersection?”
- “How would a size six girl answer this phone?”
Each time I asked the question, the answer that came reinforced the vibration of size six.
It turns out that – for me – a size six girl sometimes ordered dessert. And sometimes she ordered salad. She smiled more when she was out and about and she answered the phone in a happier voice. She sat in chairs differently and she walked with more bounce in her step. She held her head just a little higher. There was more ease and relaxation in her movements and positions.
Everything I did was as a six, not an eight.
This is helpful to do very consciously because it’s really hard not to “be” what you already are.
When you’re creating something different, you have to be that difference now.
In hindsight I will say that manifesting a size six was a target MISS. What I really wanted was to feel good about and in my body. I imagined that would happen as a six, but that was a mistaken assumption.
The person I shared this with asked a critical question: how do you “become” something you “aren’t” yet while still maintaining your authenticity?
As a deliberate creator, it didn’t challenge my authenticity to practice the vibration of what I was manifesting, but I can see how for some people it might not feel good to adopt what feels like a “false identity.” Like they’re trying to fake it till they make it.
So how do you purposely adopt a new vibration that isn’t evidenced in your physical reality yet?
I’ve got three suggestions:
1) soften it a bit. Changing the wording or the way you think about what you’re creating may help it feel more embraceable. Instead of “being a millionaire” maybe you could be a person who is increasing their financial abundance?
2) challenge what you “know.” Who says I’m not already happily married to the love of my life?! I bet I am in another dimension – and certainly I am in my vortex. So I’m just allowing that other reality into this one. It’s not that it isn’t true yet – it is. I’m just allowing that truth to manifest in this reality.
3) read the comments posted here. I know you guys will have a variety of excellent tips on this question, so thanks in advance for sharing your experiences and thoughts with us!
PS – in case you’re wondering if it worked for me – it did, until I stopped working it. Once I had good progress under my belt (ha – no pun intended) I stopped the very habits that led to it and eventually found my way back to size eight. Sure sign of a counter-intention or some sort of payoff in place! But I’ve also used this technique to help create a thriving coaching practice, a robust membership site for deliberate creators, a sweetheart, homes for foster animals, a profitable and impactful coach training program, a second home that I love, and many more lovely manifestations.
It works when you work it.