Don't Know What To Do?
What do you do when you don’t know what to do?
Yes, we know to focus on the solution instead of the problem. Got that.
But what to do when a solution doesn’t come into focus?
- Do you ask yourself “What would Buddha do?”
- Do you take the course of action mom or dad would think best?
- Do you follow your gut and hope for the best?
- Do you consult the stars or toss the runes?
- Do you go with what the boss/lawyer/name-your-authority figure-here says?
They might seem like good answers, but the one I go with is:
When I don’t know what to do, I know it won’t serve to take action in the midst of confused or disconnected energy.
When the doctor bears bad news, or the relationship is on the rocks, or the bank account’s empty and creditors are calling … until you find the good vibe, any action taken out of desperate or frustrated or confused energy only leads to results that feel the same.
The best thing to do is set it aside or leave it for now, and wait until inspiration hits.
That’s what I’m practicing right now.
I don’t know what to do. I’m having trouble finding the feel-good. None of the options I’ve come up with appeal to me.
So what am I doing?
I’m letting the energy line up before I take any action.
- I’m chatting on the phone with a friend
- Taking an extra long shower
- Wearing my favorite clothes
- Emptying my chocolate reserves
- Watching Animal Cops in Houston
- Laying on the floor with Sophie
- Cleaning dog nose prints off windows
- and whatever else makes me feel better.
When I reconnect with the feel good energy, I know that’s the time to ask myself what to do next.
Until then, I remind myself all is well. I remember Universe has my back. That it’s all unfolding perfectly, and the more I relax, the smoother the ride will be.
And I know it’s okay not to know, and it’s okay to do nothing.
Ahhh. There it comes creeping back already … that part of me that knows what to do.
Cool system we’ve got, huh?
As always – I’d love for you to share your thoughts, questions and experiences …