How to Do Nothing
Lately I find myself promoting the benefits of effortlessness as part of a successful manifesting program to other deliberate creators.
Many of whom say something like,
– “I couldn’t imagine not doing anything” or
– “My life would fall apart if I did that” or
– “I wouldn’t even know how to.”
This post is for you.
Here’s your official Do Nothing Tutorial:
Note: It is recommended to begin your Nothing Practice at home until you’ve developed Nothingness skills. Then you can take it out into the world: i.e. the workplace, boyfriend’s house, etc.
- Look around your living area for a comfortable place to sit or lie down.
- Move to said comfy spot.
- Sit or lie down in comfy spot.
- Commence nothing.
You are officially doing nothing.
See, not so hard!
Tips for engaging nothing:
- do NOT try to release thoughts.
- do NOT try to think different thoughts.
- do NOT make an effort to breathe deeper. (It’s okay if you do naturally, but don’t try to.)
- do NOT close your eyes unless you want to.
Instead, just enjoy the peace of being present. Even if it’s only for five minutes, that’s better than zero minutes of nothing.
The point here is NO effort. No work. No trying. Nothing but peaceful effortlessness.
Why do I recommend this practice to deliberate creators? Because many of us have habits of working too hard – even working hard to engage law of attraction to manifest our stuff. Doing nothing is good practice for letting Universe work magic on your behalf. Doing nothing also turns out to be extremely helpful for raising the vibration when you have a tendency to overdo or a habit of relying on action to make something happen.
You will be amazed at how powerful a little nothing is!
But don’t take my word for it – try it yourself next time you’re wondering what you should be doing next.
PS – if you’re doing nothing in order to make something happen, that technically isn’t doing nothing. That’s doing nothing with an agenda – and that’s something. That doesn’t work nearly as well as really truly doing nothing.
For more tips on the power of doing nothing, visit the Slacker Manifesting and Life Sabbatical posts.