Which is easier to remember?
- the last time you treated someone else to something nice, or
- the last time you treated yourself to something special?
And the real test:
Did your treat-to-self occur within the last 72 hours?
Kudos to you if so!
Although, I think even three days is a stretch between occasions to be extra good to self, so this is your reminder that Universe can only be as good to you as you are to yourself.
Which means if you’d like the world to deliver you something fab, it helps tremendously when you show Universe how it’s done by giving yourself the goods first. And regularly.
It doesn’t have to be a big deal. It could be as simple as letting yourself enjoy the clouds, admire the flowers, or watch the people.
You can treat yourself without spending a lot of time or money.
But the payoff is huge, even if the investment isn’t.
Especially when you make it a habit.
Because when you get regular about being good to yourself in fun and vibe-lifting ways, you set the vibrational tone that attracts fun and vibe-lifting things into your life.
That’s how it works – it’s a law of attraction thing. You can only get what you vibrate.
So learning how to be good to yourself trains the world how to treat you, too.
Some fun ideas for treating yourself:
- enjoying a Very Berry shake at the cafe next to the auto shop while waiting for your car
- asking for the animal stamps instead of the flags when stocking up at the post office
- using the good towels instead of the ones on display for company
- saying yes to the book that’s just for fun, even though you’re supposed to be doing something else
- imagining your very best conjuring of a “perfect day”
- saying three nice things to yourself about yourself in the mirror before bed
Those are just a handful of the treats I’ve given myself within the last day or two that didn’t involve a lot of time or money.
(You should see my list of time and money treats! I’m getting really good at being good to myself!)
And that’s a good skill for a conscious creator to have, because it does three things:
- gives me good receiving practice
- cues Universe to deliver the goods
- and it just plain feels good!
I wasn’t always good at this.
But through practice I’ve gotten better.
And there is no doubt it has served my manifesting success extremely well.
(It’s why I wrote an entire ebook on the subject. That’s how important I think this is!)
So if it’s been a while since you treated yourself, I suggest you remedy that today by treating yourself to something delightful now.
And we’d love to hear all about it in the comments. 🙂