Watch What You Ask For?
That’s what my ex-boyfriend just called to say: “Watch what you ask for.”
I suspected a good story would follow.
He said, “Remember how I said I wanted a lawn with sprinklers?”
And I burst out laughing, knowing exactly what he meant.
See, his landlord recently put his house up for sale, and he needed to move pronto.
But my ex has four dogs and seven cats. Finding a rental that would allow – let alone accommodate – eleven animals could be tricky.
“Well, that’s what manifesting is for – those tricky spots,” I had said.
His old place, with four dogs trafficking the backyard and no sprinkler system, made for one big dirt pile. Weeds can’t even grow back there.
In fact, his dogs act like they’re in heaven when they play on my third of an acre of thick lush lawn. (I’m releasing guilt for not zeroscaping.)
That’s what he wanted for his dogs at his new place: lawn with sprinklers. Most of the pet-friendly places in his price range were pretty run down and didn’t have grass yards at all. With time running out, he was feeling high pressure and lots of doubt about whether it was possible to get what he wanted: an affordable place that his dogs and cats would be comfortable in, with lawn and sprinklers.
Guess where he just moved over the weekend?
Back home with his parents.
Not his first choice, nor theirs.
But they do have … drum roll please … a lawn and a sprinkler system. Ha!
He texted last night saying they spent three hours running around the yard – in complete bliss!
It’s also affordable (compliments of mom and dad) and his animals are quickly making themselves at home. Buddha has his own door (through the basement bathroom window), Dixie watches the neighborhood from her window perched on top of the couch, Angel sleeps on the bed now instead of the floor, the cats have a much more entertaining room (dad’s former office) with lots of new nooks and crannies … This is definitely a “dream come true” according to the instructions he gave Universe.
Universe always takes the path of least resistance to deliver what we’re vibrationally aligned with.
In fact, I was on the phone with a vendor whose computer was literally going up in smoke before her very eyes. She laughed as she watched it happen and said, “I’d been asking for a new Mac, but this isn’t how I wanted it!”
Laughing is good.
Some folks email me saying they want money to come into their life, but not in a negative way. They’re afraid to ask for what they want because of how it might get delivered.
My coaching is to release the fear and improve expectations, but I also don’t believe bad things can really happen. Ever.
I believe the Universe ALWAYS has our best interests at heart, and delivers us perfection every single time. Always. Perfection.
(As I believe, so shall it be.)
Even with my ex – much as he didn’t want to live under his parents’ roof again, and much as they didn’t want eleven animals in the house (his mom doesn’t like animals – especially not indoors), there are a TON of good things happening as a result:
- my ex gets a chance to save up money to buy his next place
- it forced him to heal a long-standing rift with his folks
- his estranged sister showed up to help him move, allowing for a healed relationship there as well
- his dad LOVES animals and this is a perfect excuse for him to get lots of animal love in his life!
- I’m betting this gives his dad a new lease on life – caring for animals is an easy way to feel needed and connected and loved
- the rent paid to his folks brings much needed extra income into their lives
- my ex gets to skip the part where it takes a while for “home” to feel like “home,” since this was his home for so long
- he gets to eat mom’s cooking again!
- his folks are there to give the dogs potty breaks – freeing him up to work more and take lucrative out of town jobs
I could go on, but you get the drift.
What a relief, huh? lol
Having said that, here’s how to avoid a “negative” manifestation:
1) Keep the vibe UP. We get what we vibrate. So if you’re feeling good, you’re attracting good things. (I use the word “good” loosely, because you know how I feel about judging the circumstances.)
Keeping the vibe up includes developing the skills to manage your stress and your overall vibration. This can be as simple as remembering to do what feels good and/or offer yourself relief when stress creeps in. Give up the struggle and effort and go with the downstream flow – that’s where all the good stuff is anyway.
2) Don’t let “reality” scare you. You’re the one creating reality, so you’re always in charge. No need to scare yourself if you don’t want to. (Although some of us get an adrenal fix in doing so, I know.)
3) Look for what’s working. As you notice what’s going your way, what the good news is, you call in more of the same.
4) Release the judgment of “good” or “bad.” I know that’s easier said than done, and something I’m learning to do more of myself.
What are some other ways you’ve figured out to prevent “negative” manifestations? I’d love to hear them, and those reading will be grateful for the experience you share!